Senior Manager / Associate Director, Project Management
Location: Berkeley, CA – USA
Reports Into: VP, Project Management
Summary & Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for the management and coordination of activities involved in the planning, conduct and on-time completion of assigned drug development projects including the management of deliverables, adherence to budget, and ongoing risk mitigation. The Project Manager will support the Project Team Leader(s) and cross-functional project teams to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget, and with high quality to support corporate strategy. Cross-functional team members may include any of the following: research, development, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, regulatory, clinical operations, finance, accounting, business development and marketing.
- Support the Project Team Leader to ensure the execution and control of project activities
- Develop detailed project plans in conjunction with program team leader and team members including timelines, resources, risk management, communication plans, and budgets
- Provide project coordination and communication in support of cross-functional teams
- Identify and track the project's critical path - identify risks, formulate and monitor corrective courses of action
- Identify and track key study metrics in order to identify/anticipate issues (early) and conduct root-cause investigations for issue resolution and/or escalation (as needed)
- Identify changes to the approved project plan and manage through a change control process which reviews impact on timelines, budget and resources
- Integrate understanding of constraints across and within projects and recommend alternatives
- Track project activities & budget and communicate status to management and accounting
- Schedule, develop agendas, conduct and draft minutes for project team meetings and ensure regular, efficient team and stakeholder communication
- Communicate information to team members and senior management. Communication methods include distribution of minutes, creation of project dashboards, careful document archiving and face-to-fact interactions, as appropriate.
- Conduct project/program reviews at significant milestones or gates to evaluate successes as compared to baseline estimates
- Support oversight of contracts and outsourced activities with multiple vendors, CROs, CMOs, and business partners
- Candidate must also be willing to be challenged to take on new opportunities and apply their project management and other skills to support diverse company initiatives beyond management of a project development team.
- BS Biology or science-related field
- 5+ years pharma/biotech industry experience, specifically in the development of therapeutics
- 3+ years in project management desired
- Oncology experience a plus.
- Superior written, verbal communication, organizational and people skills.
- Facility with MS Office suite, MS Project & excellent Excel skills are required. Experience with analytics software and use of intranet to distribute project information is a plus.
- Ability to travel, about 10%
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies, alone or in combination that make transformative advances in the treatment of challenging diseases. We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners. Aduro headquarter office is located in Berkeley, California and international office located in Oss, The Netherlands.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer