Research Associate – Chemistry
Location: Berkeley, CA – USA
Summary & Scope of Position:
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, energetic and passionate individual to join Aduro Biotech’s Chemistry group as a Research Associate. A successful applicant will be involved with the synthesis and characterization of novel proprietary compounds that will be evaluated as potential therapeutic candidates for development. The position will offer the full complement of tools and resources available to a practicing chemist, including computer-aided drug design, state-of-the-art laboratories and analytical instrumentation.
As a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate in Chemistry, the candidate will participate in an integrated project team geared towards solving the challenges that face drug discovery. Working under the supervision of an experienced Scientist, the person will be expected to produce high quality compounds that will address known issues to advance into further pharmacological assessment.
- BS or MS in Chemistry with a minimum of 0-3 years industry experience.
- Good organization and excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to adhere to tight timelines
- Good command of organic chemistry principles and ability to carry out multi-step synthetic sequences on small, medium and large scales
- Experience with saccharide and/or nucleotide chemistry is highly desirable but not required
- Experience with antibody—drug conjugation chemistry is a plus
- Knowledge of modern chromatography and analytical techniques including LCMS, NMR and reverse- phase HPLC
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, including the ability to analyze data and understand, interpret, and present the experimental results
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies. We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners. Aduro headquarter office is located in Berkeley, California and international office located in Oss, The Netherlands.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.