Location: Berkeley, CA – USA
Reports Into: Director, Immune Monitoring / Biomarker Development
This position has primary responsibility for providing statistical and analytical bioinformatics expertise and interpretation to the scientific research programs at Aduro Biotech.
- Analyze large-scale datasets such as raw microarray data (miRNA and mRNA), genomic and RNA sequence data, cytometry and proteomics data for clinical or basic research purposes.
- Perform integrative analyses of different data types including genomic, molecular, cellular, proteomics and clinical.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, proteomic, or post-genomic databases.
- Compile data for use in activities such as gene expression profiling and cell-type gene expression deconvolution bioinformatics.
- Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Develop data models and databases.
- Develop or evaluate new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
- Instruct others in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
- Keep abreast of new algorithms, technologies or softwares by reading scientific literature and attending professional conferences.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
- PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or Bioinformatics, and 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis, microarray data analysis (miRNA and mRNA), experimental design, data integration, algorithm development, development of sequence analysis tools (bioinformatics programming), evaluation of analytical tools and technology.
- Experience in statistical packages (e.g. R/SAS) and other commonly used visualization and pathway analysis software packages such as DAVID, CytoSCAPE and Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) analytics.
- Experience in developing computational algorithms and systems to support clinical research including proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and clinical bioinformatics and analyses.
- Demonstrate the ability to interrogate large data sets and address biological hypotheses.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills are required for this position including competence in Python, R and database query language (ie MySQL) .
- Bioinformatics expertise in biomedical research such as cancer biology, stem cell biology and immunology would be highly desirable.
- A proven track record of “omics” data analysis, independent collaborative work and leading contributions to a biological discipline is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic high performance research team environment.
- Creative contributor eager to learn new technologies and science.
- Excellent communication skills including skills necessary to present at the conferences and workshops, write study designs, analytical methods and analysis results.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with both computational and bench scientists are essential for success in this collaborative role
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies. We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners. Aduro headquarter office is located in Berkeley, California and international office located in Oss, The Netherlands.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer