Bioinformatics Scientist/Sr. Scientist
Location: Berkeley, CA – USA
Reports Into: Senior Scientist, Translational & Predictive Medicine
The Bioinformatics Sr/Scientist is responsible for developing the analytic strategy and executing data analysis to support the Translational & Predictive Medicine function at Aduro Biotech. The position would suit an individual with exceptional bioinformatics, computational biology, communication and collaboration skills. This position offers a unique opportunity to leverage bioinformatics, statistics, and data sciences to make an immediate impact on the efficacy and safety of our therapies with the ultimate goal of improving patient lives.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with biologists, statisticians and clinical scientists to analyze data from preclinical and clinical studies, perform cross-platform data analysis and integration with clinical data to identify biomarkers for patient stratification, clinical response and mechanism of action. The successful applicant is expected to play a key scientific role leveraging innovative computational analysis strategies across a wide range of biomarker profiling scenarios to empower data-driven decisions in target and biomarker discovery within the context of drug mechanism-of-action, resistance and/or patient stratification.
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration to investigate therapeutics (large & small molecules) and disease properties, influence decision making across the early development of novel therapies, and translate pre-clinical findings to patient state and clinical development.
- Develop and implement tools for the analysis of large-scale, multiparametric biomarker data obtained from genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic platforms
- Perform cross-platform data integration
- Develop and implement tools for data visualization
- Support biomarker data analysis needs across Aduro’s therapeutic platforms
- Act as subject matter expert and provide support in exploratory biomarker hypothesis testing & generation according to biomarker development plan(s)
- Work with scientists and data managers to design quality control, data harmonization, and data cleanup. strategies for large, complex data sets.
- Document study design, methods and results in a meticulous and compliant manner
- Organize and present results concisely at regular team and cross-functional meetings
- Liaise with Biometrics, Statistics, Clinical Science and Data Management teams to integrate preclinical and clinical biomarker data with clinical data
- Participate in design and analysis of laboratory experiments; algorithm, platform & vendor performance evaluations
- Strong programming skills in Python, R and SQL are required
- Knowledge of core concepts in applied statistics required, experience in statistical packages (R/SAS) is desirable
- Experience with visualization and pathway analysis software (IPA, CytoSCAPE, DAVID) are required
- Experience in the analysis of next-generation sequencing and microarray data
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms to support clinical or biomedical R&D
- Bioinformatics expertise in in immunology and/or cancer biology is highly desirable.
- Application of best practice statistical/computational methods to analyze large-scale biological and clinical data
- Expert knowledge of current bioinformatics trends, public genomic tools, databases and utilities
- Experience in documentation of methods, analysis plans and results in a GxP compliant manner is a plus
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders across various functional groups within Aduro
- PhD degree in Computational Biology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or Bioinformatics,
- At least 6 years relevant experience of inter-disciplinary research, applying quantitative approaches to solve biological problems in academic or biotech industry research scenario (prior experience in Biotech or Pharma preferred) using preclinical and clinical data
- Demonstrated ability to interrogate large biological data sets,using in vitro-/in vivo model as well as human biologic data, and to address focused biological questions
- Experience in application of Machine Learning/AI in real-world clinical settings with large-scale biomarker data desirable
- Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team environment and to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies. We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners. Aduro headquarter office is located in Berkeley, California and international office located in Oss, The Netherlands.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.