Aduro Biotech, Inc. is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies, alone or in combination, that make transformative advances in the treatment of challenging diseases. We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners. Aduro Biotech Europe is located in Oss, The Netherlands. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Business Manager
Location Oss, the Netherlands
Summary & Scope of Position:
The Business Manager takes responsibility for process improvement of operational aspects of Aduro Biotech Europe, including financial, legal and HR administration. This position reports to the Site Head of Aduro Biotech Europe and works closely with the local business support functions, relevant stakeholders at headquarters (Berkeley, US-California) and external business partners.
- Responsible for improving and optimizing current business processes and internal controls. Responsible for the procurement to pay process which includes hands on administrative tasks and ensuring effectiveness in the finance workflows. Will work closely with local AX team, alliance management, business partners, headquarters Finance and Legal teams.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all insurance policies, including HR benefits policies.
- Responsible for local contract and financial obligation management.
- Prepares and reviews the financial administration and accounting operations including acting as liaison with the third-party accounting firm.
- Prepares documentation and will act on questions from HQ regarding monthly financial reports, tax related audits and other matters.
- Manages R&D subsidies & grants, such as WBSO administration.
- Bachelor’s degree (HBO) in economics (e.g. Business Management). Life Sciences or Pharma experience preferred.
- Approximately 3-5 years business/finance experience, preferably in more than one organization.
- Experience with working in international (US) environments and business cultures preferred
- Experience with R&D subsidies & grants and contract management preferred.
- Experience with ERP system (preferably MS dynamics).
- People oriented, potential to grow and bring the job to a next level
- Independent, self-starter, takes initiative.
- Curious/eager to learn
- Great teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Balances a hands-on approach with analytical skills
Aduro Biotech Europe offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a qualified candidate, please send us your resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in Word or PDF format to: careersABE@aduro.com. For more information you can call Aduro Biotech Europe at phone number: +31 (0) 88 012 1400.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated