Project Team Leader (PTL)
Location: Berkeley, CA – USA
Reports Into: VP, Development Programs and Project Team Leadership
Summary & Scope of Position:
We are seeking a dedicated, experienced and energetic leader to drive the strategic planning and execution of an Aduro asset. The PTL will lead a cross-functional Project Team (Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Translational, CMC, Commercial and Project Management) and will be responsible for establishing and executing the global strategy for the development, approval and commercialization of an Aduro’s asset.
- Guide the team through the development and/or update of the global strategic plan that lays out a pathway for the successful development and approval of a commercially attractive new drug or biological agent
- Must be able to provide scientific oversight, foster debate and solicit expert input on important development choices; lay out alternatives, analyze key risks and implications of choices, and drive team to agreement on strategic & operational recommendations
- Must be able to effectively communicate program goals, strategies, plans, issues and risks with team members, department heads, review boards and senior management
- Work with the team to develop aggressive but realistic Project Team goals, workplans, timelines and budgets and oversee the program execution
- Must have the skills and experience to build a high-performance team and effectively work within a matrix organization
- Must be able to balance the need of a PTL to be both Product Champion and Corporate Steward.
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline or engineering degree; MS/PhD/MBA is considered an asset
- A minimum of 10 years of drug development experience in the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and/or medical device areas. The ideal candidate would have had multiple experiences on programs in various stages of development including pre-IND, Phase 1-4, and NDA/BLA submissions. Experience with Companion Diagnostics is a plus. Experience in Oncology and/or Immuno-Oncology is a plus.
- Experience leading and/or managing cross-functional drug development teams and/or functional subteams (Clinical subteam, Translational Medicine subteam, CMC subteam, etc)
- Experience working in and/or managing collaborative partnerships
- Experience effectively and constructively communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with all levels in a matrix organization, including senior management
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies. We provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and our partners. Aduro’s headquarter office is located in Berkeley, California with an international office located in Oss, The Netherlands.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest, availability, and experience in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Aduro Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer